4/12/2007

Virtual World

Virtual world is a representation of our real world in some sense. Virtual world's designers simulate the real world rules such as gravity, topography, locomotion, real-time actions, communication and so on to their users. The players will take the responsibility to play as a specific character by one login account in this created world, which seems quite same to our real life but actually virtual.
Actually I couldn't say that I really enjoy living in the virtual world so much. Personally, how to playing games is a question for me, because I am so bad about playing computer games since I was a child. I prefer to read, exercise and meet friends in person to have real communications and practical experiences. So before I took this course, I almost know nothing about these virtual games, but now I have got a little experiences and touch in Second Life. Maybe I am opinionated and fogyish, still I do not have so much interests about it. I can remember that after 1 hours hanging around in a small island of Second life, my headache force me to log off. I felt that is even harder than living in my real life, well this is only for my personal case. Of course, I can't refute that there are thousands of players enjoying living in their virtual world and I do believe they must have their reasons to do so. I think most of them would like to have a quite different life experience in this created virtual world, to implement their dreams in the virtual world, to communicate with stangers or acquaintance, to get relax and so on.
However, many people like living in virtual world, since they think that will easier and more private than living in the real life. I am thinking that the virtual life never leave with player's real life. For example, in Second Life, almost players use English as the communication tool, so which has required that these players have to know English. If you want to buy a house or an island, you need to buy and could pay for the money from your real life which is not virtual at all. So in some sense, virtual worlds never apart from our real life.

没有评论: